Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Delicious, Delicious Paper

Now that we've got a lot of the "big" planning stuff out of the way, I feel like I can get started on some of the fun, semi-ridiculous little details that no one really thinks about before wedding planning but suddenly become objects of mild-to-moderate obsession once the process gets underway. Lately, for me, this has been the stationery. I know that it's really not such a big deal--people are going to come whether I invite them with a letterpressed, pocketfold suite or something I slap together in Notepad and jazz up with a few choice elements from the Wingdings font, am I right?--but come on. Invitations can be sooooo delightful!

Here are some pretty, pretty STDs/invites that have sparked my fancy lately!

From Printable Press:




From Ruby & Willow:


From Etsy seller jamiekonet (via Ms. Stripes!):


From RIFLE Designs:


So, mostly, I think I'm really into unusual fonts that make a statement, especially when they're laid out in an interesting way. I also like a good helping of images that don't involve flowers or trees. The actual process of getting the STDs/invites underway is a whole other story, but for now, at least, I've got a reference point for the style I really like.

How about you? Have you found a way to describe the look you're going for in the little details?

No comments:

Post a Comment