Thursday, July 8, 2010

Something Borrowed from Someone Fabulous

The "something borrowed" part of my wedding ensemble has been figured out, and you can see it in action on the person I'm borrowing it from in all these pictures. Can you catch on to what it is? (All wedding photos in this post are courtesy of Michelle Lindsay Photography, by the by.)









It's the hair fascinator belonging to my beautiful, beautiful, beautiful bridesmaid, Erica!

She bought it from Etsy seller PowderBlueBijoux and rocked it in her April wedding, and here's what it looks like up close:


(Source.)

The petals are made of feathers, and then it's got netting, crystals, and more fluffy little accent feathers. Do you guys remember the old Chip and Dale: Rescue Rangers cartoon? Well, I basically pulled a Monterey Jack when I laid eyes on this thing.


(Source.)

She very happily agreed to lend it to me, and I was thrilled to have the third of my four "somethings" taken care of (new: basically my entire wedding outfit, blue: engagement ring, borrowed: gorgeous hair flower, old: still no idea). While I'm going to wear a gigantic cathedral-length veil for the ceremony and some portraits, I'll swap it out for the flower in the pre-ceremony pictures and the reception.

Also, in the words of Michael Scott, "I'm not superstitious. But I'm a little stitious." So, I'll admit that I do have a small belief that the fascinator will be lucky. Why? First of all, because I'm borrowing it from one of my oldest, best, and most beloved friends. Erica and I met on one of the very first days of our freshman year of college (we lived across the hall from each other!) and have been like peanut butter & jelly ever since. We shared an apartment together in our sophomore year, studied abroad together our junior year, and moved to the same new neighborhood our senior year. We haven't lived in the same city in the four years since we graduated, and although I miss her and wish I could see her more often, our friendship hasn't suffered at all. So, I think borrowing something from someone who has been so close to me for so long is a good omen.

Second, I think the fascinator might be a little lucky because Erica's wedding day (whole wedding weekend, actually) was absolutely flawless. Not even a tiny hiccup. She was utterly unstressed, there was no drama, the weather cooperated, everything happened exactly as scheduled, the look of the whole event was absolutely perfectly gorgeous, and it was one of the most fun parties I've ever attended. Take a look!

It was beautiful (and beautifully photographed)....









It was emotional.....





And it was an unbelievably great time.




Ya like how hard I'm rocking out in this photo? I was drinking champagne out of a Solo cup and "Party in the USA" came on in the bridal party bus. I couldn't stop myself.



So, yeah, here's hoping that the fascinator spreads a little of that amazing wedding-day juju over to me. (Oh, and do you want some of it too? You like Erica's dress? It's a Monique Lhuillier, and it's for sale. PM if you want her contact info.)

Have you figured out your "somethings" yet? Do any of them have particular sentimental value?

No comments:

Post a Comment