Monday, August 23, 2010

In An Ideal World....

There is one (ONLY one!) thing I don't love about Heinz Chapel, our ceremony site. Would you like a few gratuitous shots of how pretty it is to refresh your memory first?


(Source.)


(Source.)


(Source.)

Anyway, Heinz Chapel has super-strict music requirements for the ceremonies it hosts. As in, you have to use one of their organists to provide the music, and there is a list of six songs you can pick from for the processional, three for the bride's entrance, and six for the recessional. All of the choices are very formal, traditional, classical songs (Ode to Joy, Here Comes the Bride, Canon in D, etc). Those are your options, no ifs, ands, or buts.

I don't LOVE this, but I also don't care that much either. I'm not a huge music person to begin with, and I'm sure the organ music will not be something that sticks with me about our wedding. Also, because of the inflexible rules, figuring out ceremony music is one less thing that I have to worry about, so there's a bright side!

If those restrictions didn't exist, though, I know exactly what song would play for our processional up the aisle: "Bridal Veil Falls," by Chris Thile. It's an instrumental song that features an acoustic guitar and a mandolin, and it's sooooo beautiful. Not to get really schmoopy on you, but do you know how sometimes a song sounds the way something feels? This song sounds like what my relationship with Mr. O feels like. We both love it so, so, so much.



Sigh. In my dream world. (The same one with the Primanti Bros sandwiches and the satin kimono and the second French bulldog.)

Do you have any bummer restrictions at one of your venues, or with one of your vendors?

No comments:

Post a Comment