Wednesday, September 22, 2010

A Different Kind of Thank-You Note

Guess where I'm blogging from?

Logan Airport.

Guess what that means?

The Octopus Wedding Weekend has officially begun.

I think I fooled some of you last week with my thank-you post, as I realized afterward that it sounded a whole lot like a "signing off as a Miss!" post, but I've still got one of those on deck (I think. Hopefully. As long as things don't get too crazy). So, yeah. I'm heading to Pittsburgh and I'm getting married. At this point, I have so much adrenaline coursing through my system that I can't properly articulate my feelings about that, so instead I will say: AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!! Also, EEEEEEEEEK! And WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Before I go, I wanted to mention a little task I checked off this week that I'm really happy about. I know that brides and grooms often give their parents thank-you gifts before the wedding, but Mom and Dad Octopus felt that really wasn't necessary, and by this point, our bank account is looking bedraggled indeed. However, my parents have been involved in our wedding planning process since day one, and I felt like I really needed to do something to convey to them how I felt about it.

I popped into PaperSource and picked up these cards, because in case you forgot, I am a crazy dog lady who will buy literally anything with a French bulldog on it:


(Source.)

Then, I really took my time to write them long, thorough, heartfelt messages. I tried hard to convey how I felt about their support and participation in planning our wedding, and how I feel about them as parents in general (Mom and Dad Octopus are spectacular, if that's not clear). They haven't read the cards yet, but I am absolutely certain that when they do, they'll really appreciate them.

I feel really good that I did this, and if you've got a person (parent or otherwise) who was particularly meaningful to you in your engagement, I would definitely recommend that you make a little time to write them a special note to let them know. I know my letters will make my parents happy, and after all they've done for me in the past sixteen months, I want them to be happy. I'm glad I took those few minutes to really put my heart on paper for them to read. Now I feel like there's nothing I didn't get a chance to say, you know?

Alright, y'all. My flight is boarding in ten minutes and I am so jittery with nerves and excitement I feel like I need to go pace around until then. WEDDING!!!!! AAAAAHHHHH!!!!

Did you make a special gesture for anyone before your wedding?

1 comment:

  1. All boys and girls of Sindhi community who are searching for a matching spouse can register on Matchfinder Sindhi matrimonials

    ReplyDelete