Monday, November 29, 2010

The Luckiest: My Wedding Dress

When our photographer Corey arrived, Mom Octopus and MOH/Sister Lauren shuffled me off into the bedroom where my wedding dress was waiting. I opted to get dressed with just the two of them helping, and I'm glad I did. It felt nice to have a quiet moment to share with just my mom and my sister.

(All photos in this post courtesy of Corey Ann Photography.)

I dove into the dress head first.....
Photobucket

Photobucket

After I was all settled in, we had to move over to the dresser so I had something to grip while they laced the back. Corsets are serious business.

Photobucket

Mom Octopus closed the panel, and started the semi-slow process of weaving the laces through.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Hang on tight: it's lace-yankin' time. I told Mom Octopus & Lauren to strap me into that thing like I was Scarlett O'Hara or an old-timey Victorian lady, and they did not let me down.

Photobucket

OOOOF!

Photobucket

Once my dress was all done up, Mom Octopus gently put my necklace on for me.

Photobucket

MOH/Sister Lauren smoothed my hair one more time, while Mom Octopus clasped my pearl bracelet. It takes a village.

Photobucket

And......ta da! I love how my face in this picture says exactly what I was thinking: "um, can you believe this? I'm a bride! For real! Hahahaha!"

Photobucket

Mom Octopus liked what she saw.

Photobucket

And, in a big reveal, so did my bridesmaids. (Still one of my absolute favorite photos from the whole day, by the way.)

Photobucket

No time for preening, though. As soon as I finished getting dressed, the moment had arrived. It was time to go to Heinz Chapel.

Previously, in the Octopus wedding...


We did errands all the live-long day.
We ran late, we got stressed, and we argued.
We rehearsed and had dinner, and had a great time doing it. 
We got fancy with hair and makeup. 

No comments:

Post a Comment